What is it?
CAN Mental Health (CANMH) Peer Work Foundation Course is an introduction for participants to Peer Work in the Mental Health sector. CANMH developed this course in response to our growing needs in educating our staff / volunteers with understanding the fundamentals of Peer Work.
This course has been designed to provide participants with increased exposure to the world of a Peer Support Worker and expand their knowledge in the following areas:
- History of Peer Work
- Peer Work Language / Terminology / Definitions
- Peer Worker Approach / Role & Responsibilities
- Mental Health Fundamentals
- Collaborative Risk Management
If you’re currently working in Peer Work or thinking about it and not quite ready to commit to part-time / full-time study then this course is for you!!
How it works
- Participants will be provided with a CAN Mental Health Peer Support Training e-manual once registration is complete
- Particpants will read through the course content in the e-manual provided
- There is no time limit or expiry date for this unit
- Learning can be done at the individuals own pace
- The assessment will be online-based with a pass mark of 95% (Participants can refer to their manual during the assessment)
- A certificate of achievement will be provided as part of successful completion of the assessment
- Online assessment log-in details will be provided once registration is complete
*Note – On-site training can be arranged for large groups.
Complete the form below with your details and click on ‘Pay Now’.