If you are sad, have no one to turn to when you feel unsafe or just need to be heard without judgment, maybe Phone Connections is a good alternative?
CAN MH peer workers are here to support you when you are distressed.
What is the Phone Line about?
We are an inbound line (you can call us on 1300 135 846) and we are an outbound line, which means your service provider or GP can refer you for ongoing support. This short promo will tell you about our service – Click here to view Film
Why an After Hours Line?
It’s great that we have so many wonderful 9-5 pm services to choose from in Sydney, but sometimes it is just the reality that we can all feel sad or distressed after 5 pm. So, if you’re a person in distress between 6 pm – Midnight, any day of the week, just pick up the phone and call. There is no need to present to the Emergency Department if you really do just want someone to listen to you. However, if you really feel you need to be in the Hospital that’s ok.
Practitioners, Services and General Practitioners
Central and Easter Sydney Primary Health Network are funding CAN Mental Health Inc. to provide an after-hours peer-support phone line. This will combine an inbound line with an outbound follow up call for adults residing in the area.
Complete a Referral form here.
Pick up the phone! 1300 135 846
Hours of Operation
The after hours ‘Peer Support’ phone line will operate between 6 pm – 12 midnight, 7 days a week (public holidays included).
What does the After Hours Phone Line offer?
People experiencing psychological distress can access this phone line and will receive:
• Support and encouragement, peer to peer support and validation
• Assistance navigating the health system and support to coordinate services
• Referral to CAN social supports to build resilience within the community
• Referral to appropriate services if they are suicidal, or are going to harm themselves
• Referral to Kids Helpline, Headspace or a similarly suitable service if the caller is under the age of 18.
• Follow up on the wellbeing of clients on a case by case basis
• Alternative options for if people are experiencing other issues as well as mental distress.
Contact: [email protected]
Please follow CAN MH on Facebook for updates and notice of support groups.
We also advertise our support and social groups on Meet Ups.